A good burglar alarm is one of the best ways to make your home secure. The visible presence of a burglar alarm will help to deter thieves and vandals in most cases.
If you’re looking for a burglar alarm for your home, it’s important to know what features to look for so you can an informed decision.
Below is a guide to the different features to look for as well as other excellent ways to make your home more secure.
Features to look for
- Remote maintenance – A lot of burglar alarms now have the ability to be monitored and maintained remotely. This gives you peace of mind that your burglar alarm is working at all times.
- Smartphone control – It’s also possible to get alarm systems that come with smartphone control. This is excellent for accessing your alarm remotely when you’re not in the home and also makes it easier to change settings to your requirements.
- Pet sensors – If you have cats or dogs, then getting an alarm that has pet-friendly sensors is definitely a good idea.
- Smoke/carbon monoxide sensors – A burglar alarm offers you peace of mind but a system that can detect other risks, such as carbon monoxide or smoke, will make your home that much safer.
- Panic button – A panic button if you have elderly relatives or you or your family have mobility issues.
Others ways to secure your home
Some other excellent ways to make your home more secure are –
- Secure windows – Windows are very often the access point for burglars, so having secure windows is a must to make your home safer.
- Security lighting – Outdoors security lighting is another excellent way to make your home more secure. You can get sensor lights that come out when they detect motion. This is a great way to make your home more secure at night.
- Automatic gates – Automatic gates will only open and close as you need them to. This makes it much easier to make your home secure since you don’t have to worry about closing them manually.
If you’d like more information about the intruder alarms we offer at Ashford Security, be sure to get in touch. We can answer any of your questions and advise on the best solution for you.