Ashford Security Ltd believes that protecting your data and privacy is essential when using our services. The following policy has is used to explain how we will collect, use and protect your information. It will also demonstrate how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the DPA (Data Protection Act)
Data we may collect and hold about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which a person can be identified. It does not include data where the individual can not be identified.
When you contact us (phone, email or via a web contact form) for us to carry out services for you, the following information may be collected.
- Personal Contact Details (Name, Title, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address)
- Keyholder and responders details
Whom we share your data with
We are an SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarm Inspection Board) accredited company. As part of the accreditation, we obliged to provide you with a Certificate of Conformity for your installed system (Intruder Alarm Only). We share your details with them to issue that certificate —details of how the SSAIB user your information can be found here.
To process Credit/Debit card payments, we accept all major providers, including VISA and Mastercard. All payment card transactions made over the phone are processed through a secure online terminal over WorldPay. This enables full encryption and security of your personal and card details. Ashford Security Ltd does not record or hold any card details that you pass to us.
How long we retain your data
Ashford Security Ltd will keep your data for as long as we have a reasonable business need and to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). Enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your data, this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on the legitimate interest (or those third party). There is something about your situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. Enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you request that your data removed from our system, we have the right to terminate any contracts or services that are provided by Ashford Security Ltd. We are unable to fulfil the contracts or services without access to your data. Our arrangements and services are terminated with immediate effect. All data will be removed from our system within 21 days from the day of request.
Your contact information
Ashford Security Ltd (Company Number 6655744), incorporated in England and Wales. Our registered office is Henwood House, Henwood Ind Estate, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8DH. Email for data protection questions is firstname.lastname@example.org
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your personal information. Details of these measured are available on request.
Ashford Security Ltd has put in place the appropriate measures to prevent your personal information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. This includes being altered or disclosed. Your information is only required by the employees, contractors or third parties that require the information for business needs.
Effective Date: 31st March 2020